PHP stands for ‘Hypertext Preprocessor’. It is a usually used, server side, open source, scripting language that collects essential data from HTML form. With the help of PHP, you can generate PDF files and images. PHP programming language used to develop a web application. We can embed PHP in HTML, and is applicable for web development and create a dynamic web page. PHP scripts can be used on well-known operating systems such as Linux, Unix, Solaris, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and many more.
It is a language which was powered by zend engine. It is available for free. Also, it is platform independent i.e. it works almost every web server and that too free of charge. The latest version of PHP that is version 7. It came with so many commendable fetaures.
The major of protocols are supported by PHP language as example POP3, IMAP, and LDAP etc. PHP4 provides additional provision for Java and distributed object architectures (COM and CORBA), leading to n-tier development. It is combined with many popular databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix and Microsoft SQL Server.
Characteristics of PHP
The most important characteristics of PHP language is below −
What is PHP MVC?
PHP MVC is a design structure, which splits application data and logical data (model) from presentation data (view). Full form of MVC design is Model, View and Controller. The controller provides a chain between the model and the views to control data. It is modern pattern of web development.
This section deals with business logic and application data. It can be used for authenticating data, processing and storing information. In an application, the model can be represented by JSON, XML, and even database table structures.
This part control, the users’ requests to resources from the server (that means control server side-script). It accepts input from the user, and works with the given data model. It receives data from the model, then displays it in a view format.
Representation of data to user is done by this section. This is generally in form of HTML, CSS pages etc. The view is a smart way to display information to the user from the data structure of the model.
The MVC architecture provide a way to work front-end developer as well as a back-end developer on the same system without interfering with each other.
Pros of MVC model:
- It is very easy to maintain.
- It can be extended and altered.
- It comes with simple solution for most of the applications that makes the work easy for the coders.
- It can work with advance application seamless.
- Using MVC model, one can manage application workflow in the best way.
- Using this model, you can work properly with your code since it bifurcates the entire code into sub parts namely Presentation, Business logic and Data access.
- It is the best suited model, more than one developer can work on the same application.
What is OOP?
OOP concept stands for the Object-Oriented Programming.
In PHP5, another type of programming method added, which help to create reusable & multipart coding known as OOP.
The PHP OOP concepts are:
- Class – It is a data type, which defined by user. It contains local methods and local variables. It is owner of objects that means collection of objects.
- Object – It has an instance of its class or subclass with the class’s own methods or procedures and data variables.
- Inheritance – When parent class shared its methods and properties to child class or method and properties of parent class is accessed by child class. This concept so-called inheritance.
- Interface – This allows you to create code that specifies the methods that a class should implement, without defining how those methods apply. The interface is defined similarly to the class, but the class keyword is replaced with the interface keyword.
- Abstraction – It is a way for a class to force other class that extends with specific implements methods. It has no objects. All its methods as abstract. All method of this class must be defined in its child class.
- Encapsulation – This is concept to hide informational details by using access modifier (private). Wrapping some data in single class to protect data or information from other. Private access modifier can be accessed within same class. Other class or outside class cannot access private method.
- Polymorphism – Polymorphism describes a pattern in object-oriented programming in which classes are the opposite of functionality when making a normal interface distribution. The polymorphism is that code that works with unlike classes does not requirement to know which class they are using later. They are all used in a similar way.
- Magic Methods – Magic methods are special type of methods, which start with two underscores prefix, that will be triggered specifically in response to PHP events. Some magic methods are below:
Advantage of OOP in PHP
- Modularity for easier troubleshooting
- Reuse of code through inheritance
- Flexibility through polymorphism
- Effective problem solving
- Easy Code Maintenance
PHP is a simple language to understand, as compare to other programming languages. MVC model in PHP make web development at high level. PHP OPPs concept make easier and secure web application.
Knowing about MVC as well as OOPs in PHP must have created an urge to learn more about PHP. So, join the best PHP training institute in delhi such as Web Development Institute which also offers the best PHP courses in delhi. There you will be guided by industry expert trainers. For any further information feel free to contact at 9811818122 and 9911782350.